Showroom - 100 Ton Capacity Shaft Straightening Press
|Tons of Ram Force
||adjustable from 5 to 100
||160" L-R x 20" F-B
|Daylight (maximum open distance)
||adjustable from 1" to maximum 20"
|Floor to Table
|Clearance between ribs under press bolster (table)
||160" L-R x654" F-B x 138" Tall
||27 GPM & 3 GPM
|Ram Speed: Close, inches per minute
|Ram Speed: Press, inches per minute
|Ram Speed: Open, inches per minute
|Maximum System Pressure
||10 HP, 1,800 RPM
|Weight, approximate lbs
Shaft Straightening. The press was produced to straighten Gun Barrels for the Navy. The Gun Barrels required being straightened to prepare them for further machining.
The press was supplied with Dial Indicators, V-Blocks, Adjustable Height Anvils, and a Joystick control for controlling both pressure and depth on the Main Ram. This press also had a small Touchscreen that allowed the operator to dial in a depth for the depth control. Depth control was +/- 0.001" of an Inch.
- Electronic "Joystick" Ram Control: Joystick provides control of ram travel and ram force. Free hand must actuate and hold a palm button for joystick to be activated, per OSHA Regulations. Pushing the joystick forward starts downward movement of the ram. A separate limiting control can be adjusted to pre-set a maximum force available at the ram. Release of either the joystick or the palm button returns the ram to its up limit position.
- Accessories: The following accessories were included with the straightening press:
- Traveling anvil with measuring bracket, quantity 2.
- Two dial indicators, shock proof, calibrated in 0.0005-in. or 0.01-mm
- Straightening punch for ram.
- Straightening anvils, traveling, and quantity 2.
- Steel inserts for straightening punch and anvil blocks, quantity 5.
- Rolling Carriage Center supports and live centers for straightening attachment.
- Morse Taper 4 for live centers, quantity 2.
- Springs for straightening carriages – up to 220 lbs maximum weight of work piece/pair.